The team at Make Real are pioneers, explorers and innovators. Our purpose is to inspire, immerse and enable people to grow – at work, at home and on the move. We believe that immersive digital products are transforming the way we work, play and learn.
We specialise in immersive applications, virtual and augmented reality. For 10 years we have been designing, developing and delivering gaming, education and commercial applications for a wide range of clients. Over the last three years we have been working closely with the current generation of commercial and consumer-ready VR and AR hardware.
The founders of our company come from military simulation, triple-A gaming and web development backgrounds, and our leadership team has strong established relationships with a range of specialist partners in hardware and software development including Oculus, HTC, Sony and Unity as well as partner studios specialising in film and 3D modelling.
We’ve helped many organisations engage users through the design and deployment of immersive digital products, from large screen virtual reality caves serving the construction sector in the UK and Australia, to networked, tablet-based collaborative games, museum exhibits and outdoor technology showcases.
Our customers include: EDF Energy, Lloyds Bank, Severn Trent Water, Network Rail, McDonalds, Vodafone, L3, CAE and many more.
About the Role
As a growing and exciting business, we are looking for full time talented multi-disciplinary Unity developers to join our expert team in central Brighton.
Our ideal candidates will have a broad range of technical experience with a proven track record of delivering interactive Virtual & Augmented Reality projects across a range of HMD & mobile hardware.
Working as part of our existing team of designers and artists, the roles will primarily involve the delivery of VR/AR projects for our global clients.
As a company we are quality conscious and strive to build products that deliver results for users. A core strength is our cross collaboration between technical and User Experience disciplines, you should therefore have an understanding and appreciation of application design that focuses on the needs and benefits for a user.
- Excited and motivated to continually develop your expertise in digital learning products, serious games and emerging technologies
- A passion to develop new innovative solutions for emerging hardware technologies
- A commercial mindset
- Strong written/verbal communication and facilitation skills
- Confident, creative, conscientious with a meticulous attention to detail and the ability to propose ideas
- Versatile and quick thinking with an inquisitive mind
Desired Skills & Experience
As a seasoned developer, you will have solid knowledge and experience of Unity plus associated experience of developing and debugging C#.
The following is a list of skills and technologies that we believe you should be confident with:
- Minimum 5 Years game/simulation or similar industry experience
- VR development experience including the implementation of 6-DOF Touch/Vive interaction mechanics
- AR technologies such as Hololens, ARCore, ARKit
- Strong grasp of 3D rendering pipeline concepts and 3D graphical mathematics
- Strong problem solving skills
Desirable skills include:
- Networking in Unity
- Processing/converting GIS data for use in 3D applications
- Web development
- Mobile VR development & optimisation
Why Work for Make Real
Make Real operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age or political opinions.
Wired Sussex - Skills & Talent Manifesto
- Positive fostering of healthy work/life balance
- Health care plan & pension contributions
- Energetic growth company at the start of greater things
- Decade of experience and recent investment provides stability
- Innovation and emerging technology key to our success
- Challenging and exciting development partners & environment
- Solutions driven not pushing specific technologies for the sake of it
- Strong advocates of benefits and positive change technology can bring
- Works with local equality and diversity groups to encourage wider inclusion