Client Services Director
Client Services Director
Brighton, UK (Local/remote flexible options)
Make Real. We specialise in creating meaningful immersive experiences, for learning and entertainment. We create collaborative serious games, VR and AR, and other tools that support new ways of changing behaviours for the better.
We are looking for…
An experienced Project Manager to join our Production team in Brighton, someone who is keen to promote the smooth running of our projects, and to enhance both the internal and client-facing experience. You will be adept at creating project plans that reflect the design, development, and delivery of our software solutions, whilst managing client expectations and heading off risks before they arise.
The role will be fully home-based
in the short-term. We are exploring options for a more flexible office space at the end of the year, to suit our new ways of working, therefore being local would be advantageous.
- You have a minimum of 5 years’ experience of delivering projects within a software development or technology-based environment.
Your responsibilities at Make Real will include:
- At ease using software project tools such as Jira, and encouraging best practice for their use within the project teams.
- Happy running several projects simultaneously, through to delivery, and you recognise the importance of staying calm and focussed.
- Knowledgeable about the basic fundamentals of iterative software development.
- Proud of your attention to detail and you set a high standard to others.
- Clear when conversing with others, both in verbal and written communications.
- Confident facilitating and chairing meetings, whether it be internal, or with clients, or suppliers.
- Considered when making decisions and taking the lead when needed, but you’re always ready to adapt, and re-evaluate.
- Aware of the impact you have on others and the role you play in motivating your team to work collaboratively throughout the project.
- Working with everyone in the studio to facilitate the smooth running of several simultaneous projects. This means getting close to the Designers, the Artists, the Developers, and the Testers… as well as Finance, and the Directors.
- Building great relationships with our clients. We collaborate with our stakeholders and we take pride in working things out together.
- Ensuring that freelancers or suppliers are embedded within the project teams, to ensure objectives are clear and delivered within the parameters of the project.
As an experienced Project Manager, you already know that this means helping the teams to own and prioritise their tasks according to budgeted days, and to identify risks and issues early on. You also appreciate the importance of working together when issues do arise, to find the best and most appropriate solutions.
Key elements of the role are:
- Monitoring and managing allocated project budgets and regularly reforecasting, passing information back to the Account Director and Finance Team.
- Understanding the scope of a project, and building a clear schedule to support it.
- Supporting the project teams in prioritising their daily tasks.
- Tracking key project milestones and adjusting project plans and resources accordingly, supported by the Head of Delivery.
- Evaluating the potential for risks and minimising their impact.
- Facilitating project team discussions, such as daily stand ups and sprint plan sessions. Keeping the conversation flowing in the right direction, whilst maintaining focus and attention on the right things.
- Organising and facilitating client meetings, and following up on agreed notes or actions.
- Reporting project progress at agreed intervals to key stakeholders, both internal and external.
Why Work for Make Real
- Assisting the Head of Delivery and Senior Leadership Team in identifying opportunities for process improvement.
- Encouraging a culture of continuous improvement by knowledge sharing and facilitating sessions for end of project reviews/lessons learned.
- Positive fostering of healthy work/life balance
- Health care plan & pension contributions
- Energetic growth company at the start of greater things
- Decade of experience and recent investment provides stability
- Innovation and emerging technology key to our success
- Challenging and exciting development partners & environment
- Solutions driven not pushing specific technologies for the sake of it
- Strong advocates of benefits and positive change technology can bring
- Works with local equality and diversity groups to encourage wider inclusion
We are fully remote at present and will be for the remainder of this year. Initial interviews will be undertaken via conference call facilities.
We are not accepting recruitment agencies for this role.
Make Real operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age or political opinions.
Wired Sussex - Skills & Talent Manifesto