- Position: Permanent, Full Time
- Location:Brighton/Hybrid. Whilst the majority of our team work remotely, it would be beneficial for this person to be within commuting distance of Brighton, as some of the responsibilities are best carried out from within the office.
- Line Manager: Head of Delivery
Who We Are
Make Real is an award winning studio, creating meaningful immersive experiences, for learning and entertainment. We create collaborative serious games, using VR, AR and other tools that support new ways of changing behaviours for the better. Our purpose is to inspire, motivate and enable people to grow both at home and at work. We believe that immersive experiences are transforming the way we work, learn & play. We are driven by solutions first and adding technology only where it adds value, with an open and honest culture both with our clients and staff.
Make Real is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of age, sexual orientation, gender, pregnancy, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, medical history, skin colour, marital status, genetic information or parental status. We base all our employment decisions on merit, job requirements and business needs.
We are looking for a QA and Production Assistant on a one year fixed term contract for maternity cover. The role is broad and touches many areas of the studio, however the core aspects of this role are QA based with a range of Production Assistant activities. We have listed the following duties as a guide and as desirable, however, for areas where you are less experienced, please describe these in your application. Training and guidance will be provided if required, and appropriate.
The role will consist of the following responsibilities:
- Carrying out all types of testing for our immersive learning experiences throughout development: functionality, compatibility, regression, proof-reading, acceptance, accessibility, ad-hoc testing across a range of bespoke desktop apps, internet browsers, Android and iOS mobile devices and/or Virtual and Augmented Reality devices.
- Reporting QA issues into our JIRA bug tracking system.
- Providing clear and concise bug reports with steps to reproduce, images, and videos, as necessary.
- Working with the project team to determine severity of issues reported.
- Working with the project team to define retesting schedules.
- Maintaining the high quality of development output and standards the studio is known for.
- Creation of test scripts and checklists to ensure completion and thoroughness of testing processes and procedures.
- Provide feedback and suggestions for improvement.
Typical production activities, for which training will be given if appropriate, includes such things as:
- Asset Management – ordering and adding new hardware to tracking logs and asset maintenance (i.e. cleaning, updating, and installing relevant apps).
- Recording, capturing, and editing video and audio.
- Supporting client deployments and updating relevant documentation.
We are looking for aptitude, adaptability and a ‘can do’ approach rather than a diverse experience and background. We pride ourselves in delivering visually engaging and technically challenging bespoke solutions. Therefore, having experience within a creative industry or agency environment, with a strong eye for design and detail would be advantageous. Below are some of the skills we might look for:
- Prior experience working as a Production Assistant, Quality Assurance Tester, or a similar role, with a passion for the industry.
- Knowledge of tools, methods and concepts of quality assurance.
- Experience of using bug reporting software (e.g. JIRA).
- Able to constructively stress the importance of issues found.
- Logical and organised, taking pride in your work.
- Clear when conversing with others, both in verbal and written communications.
- Tech-savvy. You’ll interact with a multitude of devices, systems and tools, and new or emerging technologies.
- Ready to adapt and be proactive in your approach to problem solving.
- Strong attention to visual and written detail.
- Collaborative and happy to help wherever there is need.
- Able to manage your time effectively – there will be multiple tasks to work on and project deadlines to adhere to.
- JIRA customisation.
- Test plan creation.
- Knowledge of automated web test tools.
- Understanding of software development processes.
- Understanding of VR QA nuances.
- Basic experience of using video editing, sound editing, and media capture tools such as Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Audacity, Unity, OBS Studio.
Why work for Make Real
- Annual discretionary bonuses across the whole Make Real team.
- Immersive technology and hardware provided.
- Regular socials & events.
- Frequent company meetings with activities such as guest speakers and virtual events.
- Working from home allowance.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Hybrid working option.
- Health care plan.
- Positive fostering of healthy work/life balance.
- Promoting and supporting of personal wellbeing.
- Challenging and exciting development partners.
- Strong advocates of benefits and positive change technology can bring.
- Works with local equality and diversity groups to encourage wider inclusion.
Recruiters and agencies please note - we do not accept candidates from outside our list of selected partners.