Permanent, Full Time Location:
Remote working, with access to office space in Brighton, UK (The majority of our team are remote working but we have a studio space within Plus X, Brighton)
Who We Are
Make Real is an award winning studio, creating meaningful immersive experiences, for learning and entertainment. We create collaborative serious games, using VR, AR and other tools that support new ways of changing behaviours for the better. Our purpose is to inspire, motivate and enable people to grow both at home and at work. We believe that immersive experiences are transforming the way we work, learn & play. We are driven by solutions first and adding technology only where it adds value, with an open and honest culture both with our clients and staff.
The Big Picture
Make Real has a reputation for high quality and innovative solutions, primarily for learning but also in the entertainment sector. We aim to grow the business and reinforce this positioning, becoming the go-to company for immersive solutions.
We aim to hire the most talented, enthusiastic, and experienced people we can. We value all our team’s input, suggestions and ideas to help move the business forward. We will want you to work closely with the senior leadership team to contribute to the shaping the future of Make Real, which we feel is a very exciting prospect.
Make Real is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of age, sexual orientation, gender, pregnancy, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, medical history, skin colour, marital status, genetic information or parental status. We base all our employment decisions on merit, job requirements and business needs.
Our current Partnerships team have focused on developing new business opportunities and managing existing accounts. To do this, we attend exhibitions and events, react to inbound leads, and maintain strong relationships with existing clients. We focus on avoiding hype, being honest and realistic and guiding our clients towards great use cases first and technology only where it adds value.
Whilst we have achieved many successes with the existing team structure, we feel now is the time for dedicated investment within the Partnerships Team.
The role will consist of the following responsibilities:
- Identifying new opportunities within existing and new sectors, co-ordinating introductory meetings and generating client proposals.
- Conduct industry analysis which will equip the rest of the team to identify new market opportunities.
- Bringing in experts from the Make Real team at the right moment to develop new opportunities.
- Understand the needs of our customers and be able to respond effectively with a plan of how to meet their requirements.
- Attendance to industry events and setting up demos to identify new clients, opportunities or broaden our industry network and knowledge.
- To support the Partnerships Director in creating decks and proposals and other administrative duties.
- Following the successful delivery of a new partnership, your role with continue to account manage on a case by case basis.
We are looking for a professional to be part of our growing Partnerships team. You will be working closely with the Partnerships team, including the two founders of the business and the Partnerships Director.
The ideal candidate will possess the following experience and attributes:
- Commercial experience within a software development or technology-based environment.
- Experience within a creative industry or agency environment, with a strong eye for the design would be advantageous.
- A high level of knowledge of immersive technology (VR/AR, etc) is desirable.
- Ability to facilitate demo sessions and workshops with clients.
- Be an engaging professional with experience in building relationships via digital channels as well as face to face approaches.
- Understanding existing use cases, both in learning but also the broader sectors such as manufacturing.
- A curious mind with a desire to continually learn, in a constantly evolving immersive environment.
- A creative problem solver who has an ability to use both data and intuition to inform decisions and identity new opportunities.
- Motivated by achieving targets.
- A team player who can co-ordinate conversations with internal teams but is also confident in attending external facing meetings.
- The ability to have long and skilful discussions over time to develop opportunities with new and existing clients.
- The ability to co-ordinate and create high quality presentations and proposal material.
- A self-starter with determination to succeed with proven results.
- Proactive and enjoys buildings business relationships whilst promoting Make Real’s core values
Why Work for Make Real
- Competitive salary.
- Annual discretionary bonusses across the whole Make Real team.
- Immersive technology and hardware provided.
- Genuine opportunity to work with the leadership team and board to help shape the future of the business.
- Regular socials & events.
- Weekly company meetings with activities such as guest speakers and virtual events.
- Working from home allowance.
- Competitive holiday allowance.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Flexible working and option to work remotely, studio based or hybrid.
- Health care plan and pension contributions.
- Positive fostering of healthy work/life balance.
- Promoting and supporting of personal wellbeing.
- Opportunity for growth and professional development.
- Energetic company at the start of greater things.
- Decades of experience and recent investment provides stability.
- Challenging and exciting development partners.
- Solutions driven, not pushing specific technologies for the sake of it.
- Strong advocates of benefits and positive change technology can bring.
- Works with local equality and diversity groups to encourage wider inclusion.
Recruiters and agencies please note - we do not accept candidates from outside our list of selected partners.