Location: Brighton, UK & remote flexi-time
The team at Make Real are pioneers, explorers and innovators. Our purpose is to inspire, immerse and enable people to grow.
We make virtual reality experiences, augmented reality apps, collaborative ‘serious games’ and other tools that foster behaviour change and encourage deep learning.
We specialise in creating virtual, augmented and mixed reality applications for learning and entertainment. For over 10 years we have been designing, developing and delivering gaming, education and commercial applications for a wide range of clients and sectors. Over the last four years we have been working closely with the current generation of commercial and consumer-ready VR and AR hardware.
Covering a wide range of sectors, we produce industry-leading learning solutions for some of the world’s largest organisations, including Honda, EDF Energy, Vodafone, Lloyds Banking Group, Porsche, McDonald’s and many more.
About the Role
Make Real is in an exciting period of growth and to support this, we are looking for a highly organised and adaptable administrative assistant to support the day to day running of the office and team. You will work closely with our finance director and finance administrator who have previously been handling these responsibilities. This role will also involve assistance with finance tasks such as data entry and book-keeping.
- Working hours: Monday – Friday 9-5.30
- Location: Most of our team are remote working, with some full or part time in our Brighton studio. Due to the nature of this role, you would be required to work from the studio at least 2 days per week.
- Management of the studio, including keeping it tidy, picking up post from reception, booking meeting rooms, arranging lunch orders for client meetings, general queries.
- Couriering of hardware to and from staff and clients.
- Management of staff holiday entitlement in our e-days software.
- New starter onboarding
- First port of call for staff HR queries, with escalation when required
- Planning of our staff socials, gifts for birthdays and life events
- Assist with finance tasks such as:
- Checking weekly staff timesheets are complete and posted over to our project management system, Synergist
- Processing staff expense claims
- Making office and project-related purchases
- Purchasing and managing hardware leases
- Booking accommodation and transport for staff attending marketing events, client meetings and video shoots.
- Drafting contracts
- Excellent verbal & written communication
- Strong organisational skills
- Team player attitude, happy to help in other areas if needed
- Adept in technology (including Microsoft excel)
- Previous experience in a similar role in the technology sector desirable but not essential
Why Work for Make Real
Make Real operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age or political opinions.
- Health care plan and pension contributions
- Positive fostering of healthy work/life balance
- Energetic growth company at the start of greater things
- Decade of experience and recent investment provides stability
- Innovation and emerging technology key to our success
- Challenging and exciting development partners and environment
- Solutions driven not pushing specific technologies for the sake of it
- Strong advocates of benefits and positive change technology can bring
- Works with local equality and diversity groups to encourage wider inclusion
Send your CV with details on why you would be perfect for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please still apply even if you think you do not meet all of the desired criteria.
Recruiters and agencies please note - we do not accept candidates from outside our list of selected partners.
Wired Sussex - Skills & Talent Manifesto